How to Pay Mobile Tax in Pakistan
You are not alone if you want to know how to play mobile tax in Pakistan. Most people face a common dilemma since PTA has imposed a tax on imported mobiles in a collaborative venture with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) of Pakistan. The agency that controls tax collection and regulation in the country has imposed new import taxes/regulation duties on mobile phones. Once you know How To Check PTA Tax On Mobile, it the time you pay the mobile tax.
Why Paying Mobike Tax is Important in Pakistan
Non-PTA-approved mobile devices are the primary suspect for illegal and fraudulent activities in Pakistan. These devices are relatively cheaper, making them highly desirable for these activities. Moreover, imported mobiles are subjected to the tax fee paid to FBR or PTA to let them work in Pakistan.
Mobile devices bought from abroad in the form of shipment and by Pakistani nationals living abroad fall in the category of non-PTA-approved phones. These mobiles are required to pay tax for customs clearance, and the mobile registration process by PTA is important in this aspect.
Updated PTA Mobile Tax List
In 2019 PTA imposed duties in the form of taxes on imported mobile phones. A thorough mechanism developed by the PTA and FBR ensures the identification, monitoring, registration, and blocking of non-compliant devices. It also ensures that no device without the registered IMEI by PTA can operate in Pakistan for more than the said duration.
Since the start of the FBR and PTA venture for registration of electronic devices, the rates of the taxes kept changing. Here is the list of the taxes you must pay when registering non-PTA mobile devices.
PTA Mobile Phone Tax Calculator for Passport
The document shows a detailed breakdown of the distribution of import taxes across different price categories of smartphones. These also differ slightly from our previously reported data cited from another source.
|Mobile Phone Value||PTA Tax|
|Up to $30||1230 PKR|
|$30 – $100||6400 PKR|
|$100 – $200||17280 PKR|
|$200 – $350||23800 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
|$350 – $500||34000 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
|$500 – $700||52000 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
|Above $700||60000 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
PTA Mobile Phone Tax Calculator for CNIC
Here is the breakdown for PTA tax according to the CNIC:
|Mobile Phone Value||PTA Tax|
|Up to $30||1430 PKR|
|$30 – $100||7843 PKR|
|$100 – $200||20031 PKR|
|$200 – $350||24770 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
|$350 – $500||39000 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
|$500 – $700||63500 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
|Above $700||71500 PKR + (17% sales tax)|
How to Pay PTA Mobile Tax Online
Once you understand the slab for the mobile tax, you can easily pay PTA tax through the following process.
- Visit the DIRBS website and proceed with creating a new account. Skip this step if you already have an account on the website.
- Inside the DIRBS portable, enter the details of your mobile and register it.
- It will give a form to fill out. Carefully read the details before proceeding with the filling-up process.
- Now proceed to fill in the details according to your preferred category, i.e., personal or commercial. For commercial users, registering with the DIRBS and paying tax is compulsory.
- Then you have to fill in your details and select from Local Pakistani and foreigners.
- Carefully read the form before submitting the form to the website. Double-check the contact information and email address to prevent any trouble.
- The portal will send a confirmation email to your provided email address. Confirm it to continue the registration process.
Applied for Tax on DIRBS – What’s Next?
- Once you get the confirmation mail and confirm your credentials, log in to your newly created DIRBS account.
- Go to the Dashboard and select the Individual Certificated for Compliance option.
- Now you have to select Apply for Individual COC and provide your SIM number registered in your name from any mobile network operating in Pakistan.
- Next, you will have to enter the IMEI number (you can check the IMEI number of your mobile from *#06# or visit the About section of your mobile setting.
- Once you enter the IMEI number, you will get a PSID known as Payment Slip Identity, which is vital for making the mobile phone PTA-compliant.
- Pay your taxes in any bank account, direct bank transfer, or online banking for paying the PTA tax on your mobile.
That’s all for knowing how to pay mobile tax in Pakistan using DIRBS. After reading this article, I hope you will be able to pay tax quickly on your non-compliant PTA mobile phone. Once you pay your mobile tax, you can use imported or personally purchased mobile devices from abroad just like normal mobile without any network interruption or blockage.
Leave a Reply